Thursday, June 30, 2011

I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd, you're gonna hear my voice when I shout it out loud.

Omg a very very overdue post! I completely forgot about it until well, till I was looking around my albums and remembered that I haven't posted anything about this on my blog.

Two weeks ago, I got the chance to work along the people who organized the Japan Super GT race in Malaysia, which was obviously held in the F1 Circuit in Sepang. Worked as the Japanese translator/interpreter for the entire event which lasted for 3 days.

Day 1: Race Practice



My uniform!



The awesome view of the track from the HQ office.

Needless to say, it was easy to acquire a good view of the entire race without the need to join the hassle in the crowd at the Grandstand with food and chilled drinks :)



The Media Center, where all the media people are stationed at.



Practicing.

Day 2: Qualifying Race

Started the morning by helping abit here and there since I was rather free.



Meet Galvin, who was kind enough to walk around the entire place with me to paste these soft boards.

I swear, the place is huge. I'm pretty sure those who have actually been to the Sepang race track would know how far of a walk the entire place is - and this includes the Paddock area. Crazy walk.



A rather cmi picture of us but yeah.

Galvin and I sabo-ed a buggy and went around driving it, which saved so much of walking for us! As jackoon as it might sound, it was my first time driving a buggy. It felt like driving a bumper car, really. And since then, we've been driving that buggy for 2 consecutive days till we got so sick of it we'd rather walk (wtf).



For some reasons, this reminds me of Fast & Furious haha.

One of the cars in the car show. There were so many cars ranging from your usual Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, Vespa, Harley's, to even Rolls Royce (I felt like a low life, really).



Met Yvonne who was also working there. It's been so long since I've last seen her!

(Excuse my cmi face please. It's the FHM GND last year, you can't blame me for looking ugly next to her)



This, is a small part of the ultimate long queue waiting to enter for the pitwalk.

Here's a little anal thing I'd like to share. Galvin and I were so bored we decided to piss people off by just walking in while everyone else was still waiting. Just because we had the all access pass which enabled us to enter wherever and whenever we want. What asses we were seriously (lol).

Day 3: The Actual Race

Clearly, this is the real deal but by this time, our ears were half deaf already for obvious reasons. My left eardrum was literally hurting on the third/last day already.



This, is something I found really cool.

Before the race started, there was a gathering of super cars for the Malaysian Book of Records and it reached a total number of 405 super cars on the track. I have never ever seen so many super cars all gathered in one place in the past 20 over years of my life - and man, it was bloody awesome even for a non-car person like me.



One of the snapshots taken from the track during the gathering (all thanks to the access pass nonetheless).



The deafening race.



Meet Ayami, the Japanese GT Queen who I was suppose to be doing translating for also.

She is super super cute omg! Haha now I sound like one of those fangirls. And please excuse my cmi face yet again.



The Smelly came to visit too! :D



Fortunately, I managed to catch the very beautiful sunset in Sepang right when the entire event ended. I felt so lucky at that moment.

Yeap, that concluded my entire weekend back then. The whole routine of waking up at 5am (on a bloody weekend!) and only sleeping around 12am for three consecutive days. Not complaining though. It was a great experience anyone could have at this age and I'm happy that I managed to be exposed to events as such. It's really different from attending the race for the fun of it.

And lastly, a vain self pic to conclude the post :)



Hee!

No comments: