Sunday, February 07, 2010

Now this is the sound of a broken heart.

Was having a chat with Jia Xin, one of my long lost friends since high school. Well, let's just say all of us have dispersed, literally, since high school ended. And that was years ago. All pursuing different courses, which eventually led us to different phases in life. Through the years, all of us kinda drifted apart, only to be brought together by the very rare outings once in a while. Well, it's physically impossible now I guess. One being far away in Melbourne, the other being far away in Scotland, and not forgetting, one leaving for Australia soon.

And that leaves the two of us, who'll also be leaving for different parts in UK soon this year. We've been chatting for hours, till 5am, talking about everything which crossed our minds. Be it random shit or updates about our current lives.

Then we came to this topic. The topic which I'm pretty sure, was rather devastating to a lot of people. Or at least to those that I know of.

This bitch called Long Distance Relationship (LDR).

It kills. It's like some silent killer of relationships. I'm pretty amazed how LiHong could pull through all that shit with her sweetheart when she left, and is still away - with him still being in Malaysia. I've seen many couples breaking up, getting back together and then breaking up again due to distance. (And I think I kinda pricked some wounds over there by saying this).

I really don't know how people go through this horrible thing. Separation. I know, I know, there's always separation and they'll eventually come back and all. But it's just so different, isn't it? Like how you once see each other so often. Now that you're both in different time zones, it's hard to even talk to each other. And both being busy with their own stuffs. With this, more arguments would arise and it'll lead to more tangled knots, no?

Well, frankly I completely have no faith in this thing called LDR. I never thought it works anyway. And I can never imagine myself doing it. Sometimes I even think, would I rather end things if I were to leave one day, without going through the hassle of parting? I don't know. I can't seem to come up with an answer. Cuz I hate arguments. It annoys me a lot.

And I really despise the feeling of missing someone dearly and not being able to see them, physically. And I might even get all insecure and all. It gets me all emo. And I really can't put my mind to it.

Unless one day, I manage to get through all the pain of separation and be cool with it. Then maybe - maybe I could try LDR. Till then, my stand doesn't really change - it's disastrous, devastating and tiring.



Sometimes, love hurts. And when it hurts, it hurts like hell.

And there's nothing you can do about it but to let it continue hurting.



Well, that's just a piece of my mind about LDR. What do you think? :)


I don't want to run out of time,
but it's catching up with me.

No comments: