Friday, July 09, 2010

You ever love somebody so much you can barely breathe?

I guess, there's just some scars and wounds that will never fade through time. Like a shattered glass or a puzzle with a missing piece.

As much as we think that we've gotten better, and as far as we thought we've left the past behind, we're just running away.


Buried those hauntingly sweet memories deep within our heads, unwilling to relive them ever again. Cuz we're afraid.


Afraid of the tears cried, the heart which broke and the pain so enduring you wished you died.

We let go, we move on and we smile. We may even say we've completely forgotten. But really, everyone knows it's a lie we tell to ourselves.

With just the mention of the person's name or the coincidental meeting with that someone.

That's when you realise those feelings still live within you. The hatred, the longing, the regret or the could have been's.

I'm sure everyone would have met a special someone like that, in some phase in their life. Someone who broke our hearts so badly we thought we could never love again.

At least I know a great handful of people who had.


*

No, I'm not getting emotional all over again don't worry (haha). Was facing this blank draft, trying to figure out what to blog about till I thought about a conversation I had with a close friend of mine last night.

That conversation we had made me think for quite a bit. I realised that it wasn't just her. I thought back about myself and the many people around me. The first names which came to my head, most of them went through about the same shit.

Some were betrayed for another, some could not take the distance, and some were... too naive. You name it.

But hey, there wouldn't be another next time. We'll try, at least :)



Just gonna stand there and watch me burn,
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts.

Just gonna stand there and hear me cry,

But that's alright because I like the way you lie.


I love the way you lie.

No comments: