Sunday, September 13, 2009

Humpty Dumpty Sat On The Wall, Humpty Dumpty...

Shit. He had a great fall.

I'm hungry and I'm freaking out. This reminds me of a Malay proverb we've learnt before during those high school days - telur di atas tanduk. I'm sure it sounded something like that.

Literally it's describing an egg on a horn. Think metaphorically, an egg would fall and crack anytime on top of a pointy horn. I remember using it whenever I had to compose an essay for the exam (Okay, I'm kiasu. I always aimed for an A for that subject so I added in as many peribahasa's as I could into my essay. Don't tell me you weren't like that also). I used it whenever I was describing a situation when someone is on the verge of failing/dying/whatever negative. Yea, think Humpty Dumpty.

Okay, bai. Privity privity privity....

No comments: