Monday, June 29, 2009

The Butterfly Effect

Visited the Butterfly & Bird Park today with Flo and Aaron.

Butterfly Park - Somehow, there were quite some terrapins (labi-labi) around the place and I don't know why. There were also weird lizards hiding within bushes waiting to freak you out. That aside, the butterflies were beautiful :-)

Bird Park - Be ready to walk - a loooong walk. The birds were literally, let loose. (Except for those like the hornbills and eagles of course!) If you're unlucky, peacocks and other flightless birds might be pecking on your leg.

These things fly around so often that it's so hard to catch a decent picture without them being blurry or slurred. I'll just pick a few of the pictures which I quite like to be posted here in the blog ;-)

We gave up on the deer farm.



My fav pic :3



Camouflaged.




Man-faced Bug. It's quite cool for a bug actually.



Butterflies :-)



Flamingos!

Try spotting the odd one out :D



Us

As usual, the complete pics are all in the Facebook album :-)

We had our hopes a wee bit too high about the visit but overall, it was a different experience I guess. Well, the last time I went was approximately 15 years ago! I could remember nothing :D

2 comments:

nickchhan said...

Nice! I want to make a trip there soon now.

princessKamen said...

trust me, you won't want to hahahahahaha.
you know, like how pictures always seem more fun than they actually do :-P