Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 21.

...Still counting the days since you left.

It's been 21 days. It felt so long since my heart was intact. Now that the pieces are shattered and missing, I can't find it back and put it into place, like how it was before you took it away. You were so charming, yes you were - or I would say, charismatic. Perhaps it was that which attracted me to you. I gave you my heart, I gave you my everything. Now that you're gone, what is the point?

It's back to the same Sunday. Days pass by so quickly that it makes me laugh at how it is an insult to human beings. It outruns us just like this. We can't see nor feel Time, yet we can never win over Time.

If it was so fine, we would be more than a month. I can't help wondering, if we were to be, would Time still pass by so quickly? Or is it cuz of the sorrow encompassing me, making days pass faster? I don't know what I'm talking about. It's a pretty abstract thing which I can't describe well with words.

Sunday. I used to look forward to Sundays. Cuz it's when you are off from work. Cuz I'll be able to meet you. Cuz I'll be cuddled in the fabulous hugs that you give. Now, I find myself becoming afraid and wanting to run away when Sundays are nearing. I'm afraid, cuz I've lost you.

Sunday. We took the train together; I could still remember how tightly you kept me in your embrace all the while, keeping me safe. We went around town together; I could still remember how tightly you held my hand in yours, we were so in love. We had wine together; I could still remember how sweet it tasted, its taste still lingering in my tongue.

The last Sunday I had with you.

Sunday. Everything was still fine. You were doing your own stuff. I still received your texts. Everything stopped when you called me in the evening. I could remember, it was 6.30 pm. You told me, Gomen ne. That was when everything made a 360 degree change in my life - till now.

21 days ago, we were one. 21 days later, we share nothing but the same sky above our heads.


I love this quote. Saw it in YgSik's blog. Ne, this is for you. That shall be my line for you today boy :)

- Your past may have made you a different person, and if looking back hurts and looking forward scares you, then look beside you. I'll always be there for you.

No comments: