Thursday, January 01, 2009

Virgin Post

...for the year.

It's not the virgin post of the blog, but for the year lah. What a way to start the year... by feeling emo. Wtf.

Last night was yet the most peaceful New Year's Eve I had since years ago. Stayed at home chatting with a friend online, and before I knew it, it was 12. Watched the fireworks with mom (yea, she managed to make it home from her dinner) from our balcony - it was beautiful.

Beautiful it may be, yet it ached my heart watching it. Suddenly, it felt like a thousand needles prickling through little by little, causing a numbed feeling. Inevitably, it reminded me of what you once said to me, and when I stumbled upon that thinking, something came to my mind when I tried relating it to you.

花火は、アタシ達と同じく、
来る時は見えない程の速さ、
でもまだその美しさを体験できないのに

一瞬に、消えた

It's just like a relationship, Love is what some may call it. It comes so soon, so quickly that you can't even run away. It's so beautiful, like a thousand stars. Yet, you can never touch it, nor go near it. Those who do, will only get themselves hurt. It disappears at a speed so fast that before you can indulge in its beauty, it's gone as if it had never been there.

Yet, one can never deny the allurement of fireworks.

Day 5.

It's not any better than Day 1. I still wake up every morning wondering if everything was just a dream. Perhaps it's for the better you say, but I'd only want nothing but you - for better or for worse. Nothing else matters. There's only one thing which could ease my misery now, but it'll never happen. Perhaps, I shall just hope for a miracle :(

- it's just like you, the fireworks - fabulous, bright and awesome.

No comments: