Tuesday, January 13, 2009

If I Were...

I wanna fall in love, and at the same time - I really don't want to.

Perhaps, I'd just choose to stop at the stage when you're having a crush on this person and wondering if the person feels the same too. Every little thing this person does is great, funny, cute, whatever positive word you can think of. Even the bad points turn into good points. That's the sweetest, yet the greatest.

Love... Perhaps, it's just an imaginary feeling created by those longing for it. Must love and hurt coexist? Must more tears be shed as our feelings for a person grows? If it is, I wonder... Why is it this way?

Those without love... are always longing for it, yet not knowing its meaning.
Those with love... never knew how to appreciate, till it's too late.


Your kisses, they still linger somewhere in me.
Your touch, they still make a mark on me.
Your whispers, they still ring in my ears.
Your love, it's still in my heart - like a tattoo.

Searching deliberately for a happy ending, mine was nothing but a journey of pain and tears. I once had hopes, I once believed. Yet, it brought me no where but to a path where I'd continue alone, with nothing but a broken heart.

I hate it. I hate the feeling of being all alone at night, when things keeps coming back to me. I hate the feeling of missing you. And most of all, I hate to face the fact that we have to keep a distance, talk within limits... Not because we don't want to - but because we have to.

I wish it was me.

I wish I could be the one,

; the one who could cheer you up and paint a smile on your face.
; the one who could listen to your problems and laugh with you.
; the one who could make you forget and reminisce.
; the one who could find the missing heart and put it back in place.
; the one who could hold your hand and let you hold mine.

* the one you could give your heart to, even if it was just a bit.

- I'll be alright when dawn comes. That's when I try my very best to smile and move on, without turning back at the dream we once had.

No comments: